Sunday, March 11, 2018

Taking Notes

After observing the opening minutes into Baby Driver, I observed some pretty interesting things that I could do for my film.

One of the most important things I want to incorporate is having the music set to the actions of the characters, synced with the shots and their movement completely, no dialogue, just music.

I also want the credits to be incorporated into the set I am filming, so using props that would normally be in the streets of Miami, so some Graffiti on a piece of wood, or a poster on a light pole, with the credits written in plain sight. I would make these props and place them strategically.

Something done in Baby Driver that I don't know if I will do is having 1 continuous shot of the scene. I probably will not do this because I am not in a movie set and I have to adapt as much as I can to my environment, so I think having quick cuts will still be effective by using many jump cuts and tight shots to capture the credits and simultaneously create intimacy between the audience and the group of friends.

As for the sound, I have 2 ideas so far. Diegetic sound vs Non- Diegetic sound. This can be illustrated by a speaker being carried by the group, or having it in the background, and the protagonists aren't aware of the music in the plot. As of right now I think I need to ask some of my peers for their opinions on my ideas before I finalize anything. Constructive criticism is really key to my work because I need a third party to give me an honest opinion so it isn't biased or assumes anything I maybe didn't notice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dare to Thrill CCR- Daniel Garzon